wecandoit3

Voting

Thursday, July 28, 2011

When the Cat's Away the Mice Will.....miss the Cat a whole lot and stay up until 2 because they don't like to go to bed without the cat

Mr Baker was hauled off to scouts encampment for a whole week (it's taking me a while to figure out what my next sentence will be). At least I got to spend a few days with him between the end of finals and the beginning of camp. My mom and I always would look forward to scouts camp and having all the men out of the house. I think though that if my mom had had all girls she would have dreaded scouts camp. Well it hasn't been a whole lot of fun without Mr Baker here. Although I've never been one who begrudged doing things alone and I found plenty of things to keep me occupied, I did not like having to go to bed by myself or actually waking up to an alarm rather than having Mr. Baker wake me up after his shower.  Mr Baker felt bad about leaving me all alone and as a result has encouraged me to buy little treats especially when out with friends--something I have tried not to exploit because Poppyseed and I don't need a ton of empty calories and I don't want to reinforce the idea that spending money will make me happy in Mr Baker's mind. (I don't want him to equate his efficiency as a good provider based on how many little luxuries I can purchase). He did get to come home one night for a couple of hours because one of the guys needed to be back in town for work and needed a ride. It was SOOOOOOO NICE to see Mr Baker again and have dinner with him. I got him the special at Teriyaki Express ---his favorite. Then Mr baker freshened up a bit (the camp site doesn't have shower's and Mr Baker is one of those people who has been known to take 2 showers a day on occasion--so I know he really enjoyed that shower).  There was a distinct moist glisten to his eyes when we said good bye and he had to return to camp, which I found quite romantic. I cannot wait for him to come home--I have a special dinner planned for him. I making him my mom's famous chocolate pie and a cranberry ginger ale punch we are both very fond of. Dinner will be light because it's that time of summer when I just have no desire to slave in the kitchen over a heavy meal. I think it is the heat and that certain lassez faire mood of the Summer Session that makes anything beyond smoothies, seafood, and chips and salsa unappealing : so I am thinking chips with pinto dip and a pizza bianca. I've also been cleaning and doing some decorating in the house-I want it to look so smashing for Mr Baker when he gets back. I've been keeping our salsa bottles and washing the labels off them. They have a unique shape reminiscent of old milk bottles. Our bedroom has 2 light fixtures that hang with chain going across the ceiling to the power source. They're very cute and have a lot of potential for decorating. I had the idea of putting little white candles in the jars and suspending them with twine from the chains---I'll post pics later since Mr Baker took the camera to scouts camp. I cannot wait to spend the weekend with my sweetheart !

5 comments:

  1. When Josh left town I slept with a skillet on his pillow. :)
    Oh, and I think (no, I know) I want that recipe of chocolate pie, because I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have the authority to dispense the chocolate pie recipe until my mom passes away, and even then I think I'll have to wait until she appears to me in a dream or something and grants her consent lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess then either you or your Mamma will have to fly to my place once or more a year and make it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! That's always a possibility, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete