wecandoit3

Voting

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pizza Blanca

Mr. Baker loves pizza... unfortunately we are ought of any sort of tomato product
However, Mr Baker also loves Alfredo sauce
So how about what is known as a "white pizza" or pizza blanca using alfredo sauce instead of marinara?
So I begin with some sourdough dough I got by using this book:
...thanks Mom
..and this bread recipe:

Except I omitted 2 cups of water, the yeast, and an ample amount of flour and added 2 cups of sourdough culture (ie homegrown yeast) DELISH!!
Why 'hello' there beautiful
before throwing and pushing the dough into a pizza shape (yes I did throw it) I mixed up some Alfredo from two of the immer ja viele (how did you like that flavoring particle Herr Haderlie?) packets of Alfredo mis Mr. Baker bought at Broulims.
I also prepared the pizza pan by using a basting brush to grease it with olive oil
Olive oil really makes a difference in this pizza blanca. Since you don't have the robustness of the marinara sauce   the olive oil gives it great flavor
hello alfredo...dont forget to baste the crust in olive oil as well
As well as being without marinara, we also are out of mozzarella so I grated up cheddar and swiss instead (don't knock it till you try it)
Add spinach and a few of these spicy baby's chopped up with seeds:
HELLO Hotness!
And what's the secret to a crispy crust?....steam, set a pan of ice cubes on the rack beneath your pizza and you're in business
Anticipation,
And then one arrival of a perfect husband and one phone call later:
How did I ever get so blessed:
So to recap you'll need
Sourdough bread dough
olive oil
alfredo sauce
cheese 
spinach
cayenne peppers
....mmm so good

                  ....Tschuss

2 comments:

  1. You are going to teach me how to do this housewife thing better! thanks for sharing! Congrats on the bambina! (we'll think optimistically) When are you due?? This is a very exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im due in October...but remember I don't have any other kids running around the house so there's plenty of time for me to do all things domestic--we'll see how good I am after I have a few rugrats of my own ;)

    ReplyDelete