wecandoit3

Voting

Friday, June 10, 2011

Bring on the Pink! Poppyseed is going to need it come Oct 23, 2011

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday with ultrasound and confirmed that we are indeed having a baby GIRL!!!
I am so thrilled about that-- let's face it, with 3 brothers and 3 brothers-in-law and no sisters, the appeal of a baby boy is somewhat wanting--do I really need any more testosterone in my life? Here are some pics from the ultrasound
She spent most of the ultrasound with her fist drawn up to her face like a little boxer or her arms crossed over her face, so good face shots were hard to come by
The technician said this was really cute because she was sucking on her lower lip


This one makes it look like she's got Andrew's nose and chin, but who's to say  until she's here (PLEASE have Andrew's chin!)
So happy she's a she
We were told by a very competent and confident ultra-sound technician at 15 weeks that we were having a girl. She's been doing ultrasounds for 30 years and promised us a baby outfit if she was wrong--a promise she had been making to expectant mothers for three years without buying a single outfit. It was very happy news to me but I was still holding my breath until yesterday because 15 weeks was rather early. I remember getting ready the morning of that 15 week ultrasound and realizing that if I found out we were having a boy, I honestly don't think I'd be as happy about being pregnant anymore lol--sounds horrible, but I cannot deny that is what true. Lying on the bed for my 20 week ultrasound, I said a silent prayer that Heavenly Father would help me be just as excited and happy for a boy as I would be for a girl. I just want two little girls and then He can send me all the little boys He wants. I've boiled football mouth guards, been forced to watch Baywatch, JAG, and Walker Texas Ranger, I've been made to turn off a Jane Austen movie in favor of a bowl game, can quote First Knight, Mr. Deeds, The Waterboy, and I cry just thinking about the end of Rudy. I've received nerf guns and remote control helicopters as Christmas gifts simply because my brothers got them. Mine was the only Barbie world where there were enough men to go around thanks to a surplus of GI Joes (however Barbie toted the kids around in a desert storm tan military jeep), I've sat on so many cold metal bleachers for football games that my bum is still permafrost. I had to buy the loudest most girlie colored socks just to insure that my brothers wouldn't take them and leave me those unstylish to the knee tube socks. I've had my shirts used as impromptu snot rags (thanks Eric), my makeup used as war paint (thanks Sam and kyle) and my cat dipped in a toilet and sent flying down the stairs in a plastic cooler (thanks again Sam and Kyle). And do you know how some families have the tradition of a "family gift" at Christmas time? Ours mainly consisted of a new video game consul. You should have been there--every year the boys would hoot and holler and gleefully squeal as they unwrapped yet another advancement in gaming delight, and my dad would happily advise, "Now remember it's for everybody" --and me in my head thinking "Who are you kidding, buster, it's for them and you KNOW it!" They only games I ever played were pokemon stadium and guitar hero. Let's not even get into what a mess they made of Mr. Baker's car at our wedding reception. My brother's thought I was a nutcase until they had their first girlfriends and realized I was just being female. Mr. Baker expressed remorse over his not putting the seat down---to which I assured him his just putting it up was all I needed. And I can bear the little whiskers on the sink from his electric shaver some days when he's running late because its not the daily morning lugi in the sink. I've been forced to endure pubescent boys ever shirtless whilst the mere sight of me in a tanktop going down to the laundry room for a shirt was met with protestations to rival the french revolution. There was never a want for any Manchester Football memorabilia. Do you know what it's like to find remnants of Capt D's fish in the couch cushions and not be able to remember the last time your family had Capt D's? You want to talk legos?--legos are the reason I have high arches and never struggled with walking in heels. By the time I went to college I had lost significant amount of smelling capacity thanks to sharing a bathroom with three boys. Do you know what it is like to have your snuggly flannel sheets, memory foam mattress top, pillow and mattress ripped to shreds by two lab/beagle mix puppies? At least I had my own room (most of the time) and always got front seat in Dad's van, and spared large portions of yard work and manual labor cause I was a girl haha.  I WANT TO BRAID HAIR AND PUT A PINK BOW IN IT FOR PETE'S SAKE! (But really Mom and Dad I'm embellishing the indignation for dramatic effect, I wouldn't want you to feel you failed as parents or anything.)

PS I love you Eric, Sam, and Kyle and wouldn't trade you in for anything,
love Mrs Baker

Tschuss!

2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I am glad that it is a girl for you! :) Now your baby can marry Candi or Caiti's baby! haha. She has her choice! You're going to make a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so anyone who reads this knows, i am joking here by focusing and overemphasizing the "boyness" of my home I had excellent parents and was the recipient of many make-up kits, bath packages, trips to the mall,and girls nights with my mom. And I'm pretty sure there were several Christmases that I got more presents than my brothers did and while they got their game consuls I got very nice sewing machine that will do more for me than rockband will do for my bros. And let's face it my future sister-in-laws will be hard pressed to find a more beautiful wedding gown then the one I share with my mom. And oh yeah I get dibs on my mother's beautiful wedding portrait and the china and crystal so yes there are perks!

    ReplyDelete