wecandoit3

Voting

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Ice-cRENE

Since Mr Baker and I are missing out on all the action my folks are experiencing back in Dixie Land, we had the bright idea to make home-made blizzards--or shall we call them "Hurricanes?= yes.
Take some scoops of vanilla ice cream, add my mom's recipe for sop chocolate
and an undisclosed amount of chopped up funsize 3 musketeers
blend all in the blender and then have your husband turn off all the lights to simulate the next 2 weeks of no power  because your street is one of the last ones Dominion Power will get to. And then when your husband turns back on the lights, blender is magically empty
Ooops! I guess the wind just knocked it all into my mouth.

Just kidding, I did share with Mr Baker.

It was sooooo good!!!! Definitely worth the awkward side stretches I had to do in the middle of Wal-mart to relieve the pain under my ribs while Mr Baker consults whether the 24 bag of funsize 3 musketeers is really .03 cents cheaper per ounce than the 8 pack sleeve--but eventually he realized I was just trying to pull a sly one so I could have the leftovers, which he thanks is cute and therefore will by the 24 pack. the checking to see the difference in .03 cents per ounce was one of those moments I had to do a double take to make sure I went to the store with my HUSBAND and not my DAD. It was right up there with the Bill Cosby videos, the messy desk and ...well I can't remember the rest, I'm pregnant and my brain doesn't remember everything--which reminds me I need to write a post about how pregnancy is really a preparation for old age (you just get used to going to bed and knowing that when you wake up there will be something that you could do yesterday but cannot do today) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Though I must confess I do same thing checking the .03 cents per ounce difference, and probably more readily than Mr Baker does

    ReplyDelete