wecandoit3

Voting

Monday, August 22, 2011

Here you go Ma! 31 weeks and 20lbs later

Here's another pregnancy pic:
I've had a few friends who've gained 30-50 lbs and had 7lb babies. Watch it be that, after all my work to keep from gaining too much weight that I'll give birth to 10lb-er ;)
This info from webmd.com explains where all the weight goes to:
Baby.... 8lbs
Placenta 2-3 lbs
Aminotic fluid 2-3 lbs
Breast tissue 2-3 lbs
Blood supply 4 lbs
Fat stores for delivery and breast feeding 5-9 lbs (I had fat stores before I got pregnant, why do I need more, and why do I need it for delivery--all I need is someone to catch her when she comes out)
Uterus increase 2-5 lbs
                  Totals to 25- 35 pounds
So using percentages I can deduce that at 20 lbs statistically my weight spread would currently be:
Baby 6 lbs 4 ounces
Placenta 1.6 lbs
Aminotic fluid 1.6 lbs
Breast tissue 1.6 lbs 
Blood supply 3.2 lbs
Fat Stores 4lbs
Uterus increase 1.6 lbs

At 31 weeks Poppyseed is it keeping close to home (home being synonym for my rib cage). At any given moment at my house you can see me stretching like this, either left or right: 

I ran into my friend Erica's husband today and he commented that I was carrying high. He and his wife had their baby girl just 11 days ago (and she was one of the most beautiful newborns I had ever seen). Poor Erica carried all in front and low, but as large as that might have made her feel I bet she didn't have as much of time dealing with a baby whom is dying to get to the playground and has mistaken your ribcage for the monkey bars. ( note to Poppyseed: although Smith Park is north of our house, you're going to have to head south to get there, schatze) 

There's pros and cons to however the kids want to "hang out" during pregnancy, and I'm not complaining about the cons in mine--or anything else with pregnancy from now on. I learned a couple days ago that one of my friends, who was due in September (when you get pregnant, you tend to acquire a lot of other pregnant friends too), lost her baby last week at her baby shower. Apparently the umbilical cord got wrapped around his neck in strangled him in the womb.

This all happened just a couple days before her sister's wedding--and that was a tender mercy since it meant that all her family was in town to comfort and support her.

I acknowledge the possibility of such things happening to my little Poppyseed, but I'm not letting myself worry over it--there's no point in that. I know though that whatever happens, if it is bad, that Heavenly Father has promised that in the end all our losses will be made up when we follow His commandments. That gives me a great deal of comfort.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, ahh, pregnancy. How I don't miss it! :) Love my babies though! You look wonderful and glowing and happy, and it gives me warm fuzzies to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete