wecandoit3

Voting

Monday, August 27, 2012

Arise early...

...it's 4:56 in the morning. I've got a load of laundry going, have said prayers and read  my scriptures, and even got the window unit going to cool off the house. In five minutes I can add "completed blog post" to my list.

No, I am not suffering from insomnia.

I realized not too long a go that, for myself, persistently  remembering that there must be something better in doing *this* is an effective way to do follow a commandment I struggle.

"Arise early, that your bodies and minds may be invigorated" Doctrine and Covenants 88:24

So I started waking up a 5 am.

I noticed a remarkable difference in my productivity. I got more done. I wanted to get more done. I felt better throughout my day. 

It was far from easy, and I have had numerous times of just ignoring my alarm and snuggling up to Mr. Baker for another hour (or four).  However, I now realize how much I need to do this to be happier on a daily basis.

Then I realized, as I'm sure most mothers do, that the only guarantee of getting something done is to do it before anyone else gets up.

So here I am, waking up at four

And I'm happy

Because I know I'll get the things I need to do done. Because it is easier to avoid pinterest and Facebook at 6 am than at 9 pm. Because I will finally have a consistent hour to work as an artist every day. Because I know each commandment we are given improves the quality of our lives

1 comment:

  1. thanks for writing this now i need to get off the computer! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete