wecandoit3

Voting

Thursday, July 12, 2012

My pre marriage fantasy gets a reality check

Before I met mr. Baker I was planning on going to England for grad school. I daydreamed I would meet some older, sophisticated, successful man who looked like this:
Imagine how I laughed when I saw this same actor, who had lent his face and northern english accent to so many a wandering dream to fun and romance a la the British Isles, in the trailer for the Hobbit looking like this:

I know that the old joke is how marriage is never what you expect it to be, and how quickly the exterior qualities of one's partner go down hill fast. However in my life of "exceptions to the rule", can I really be surprised that the "husband" I once envisioned, before meeting Mr. Baker, went to seed, yet Mr. Baker is all the more appealing.

I don't know if anyone else can find the humor in this, but honestly ....
...I think I made the right choice....
... my real life husband has filled my life with "dream checks"--times when I couldn't believe that life could be so good--  and I have been so happy with Mr. Baker as my best friend and companion through life.

And we look forward to going to see the Hobbit together for date night someday ;) HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment