wecandoit3

Voting

Friday, February 3, 2012

Let's face it, I'm odd...

...I came home after classes and went to work tidying up the house. I soon found myself thinking 'Ahh--it is so nice to come home after a long week and clean'---not...even...kidding.
 For most of my life, I have been quite the slob. Nevertheless, sometime before I met Mr. Baker I decided things need to change. Now it's been a slow battle--it's not easy to completely change the way you look at your living. Keeping things clean require more than just cleaning, but a mentality of cleanliness and a discomfort of mess. I finally made significant headway before Poppy was born, but having a baby and going back to school puts everyone back a ways. Now I focus on cleaning on the weekends and aiming for "tidiness" as I cannot maintain the standard of cleanliness I aspire to until I graduate and "clean house" moves up in the priority list.
One of the things that's first to go down is this bookshelf...oh how I love to organize and I cannot wait to get my paws on these out of control, catch all shelves. (Don't even get me started on how eager I am to clear out the Kitchen cabinets.)

And don't think I have forgotten you, my darling dear. Last night I was counting potential sewing projects to fall asleep instead of sheep. Nevertheless, I know full well that anything I can accomplish now--as busy as I am-- I'll probably be able to do with more kids. So I try to sew for a few hours every week, just to keep in the habit.

And finally, these little darlings. Tomorrow night my cousin Nan is coming over to help me hang these and I printing off pictures to put in some empty frames--it only took my over a year of marriage to get down to it.

And of course, the Kitchen, oh how I look forward to getting back to my pursuit of culinary excellence. I'm going through a bit of a decadent phase (we've seen a return of white flour to my pantry).

1 comment: