wecandoit3

Voting

Monday, May 30, 2011

Things I did not expect about pregnancy

I had always thought that I'd be one of those women who would be spending most of their pregnancy over the toilet seat, have massive food cravings, and embrace my beautiful prego body!

I was wrong

I had absolutely no morning sickness, and no cravings

There is one other thing I can quite explain nor can google. For some reason now I am so easily embarrassed and self-conscious. One of my friends says I must be having a girl because girls tend to give you a much more hormonal pregnancy. I still cannot bring myself to post pregnancy photos or even announce my pregnancy on facebook. My mom asked me if I was embarrassed to be pregnant. It must be hormones, I vaguely remember when I was 13 and had my first period--at first I was excited to finally be on the road to womanhood, but then I was disgusted and embarrassed about it, even in front of my own mom. I remember bringing something into her room and the thought that I was on my period just made me feel awkward. Yep now I really do think it's hormones, just like being 12 and 13 again. I was rather cranky last month, this month I'm all weepy--perhaps my friend is right about it being because I'm having a girl (I really hope she's right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment