wecandoit3

Voting

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oma would be proud

Perhaps it's early symptoms of nesting, or cleaning under the influence of Cheryl Mendelson, or the fact that I've started volunteering at the ever so pristine Rexburg Temple that I've been doing a thorough cleaning of the house. Monday was Laundry day (oh if only you could see how good Mr. Baker's shirts looked after ironing). Today I tackled the Kitchen and tomorrow is Bathroom and grocery shopping. Thursday is the livingroom, and friday is baking. I can't wait to try out a recipe for Chocolate Prune Cake since I have a whole bottle of prune juice sitting in my freezer from when Mr. Baker was sick (it helped flush out a nasty cold he had).

Speaking of Mr. Baker, he doesn't know it yet but I have been subtly introducing German ways into our home. He didn't see anything behind the use of my German tablecloths,doilies, or embroidered things, nor the use of lentils in chili rather than kidney beans. He didn't make a fuss when I told him the big meal of the day would be lunch rather than dinner, or when I called him mein liebling or schatzi. Will he say anything when I start making Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte (more commonly known as Black Forest Cake) or Sandkuchen. for desserts, or Fleischkuechle or Kaese Spaetzle? Or how about  Weck , Bauernbrot or Bavarian Pretzel sticks--I think not, as long as it tastes good (and from time to time I make him Yakisoba or some other Asian food from time to time or as long as there's some fruit or juice in the fridge he won't notice a thing until one of his children climbs into his arms and whispers "Ich liebe dich, Vati"

No comments:

Post a Comment