wecandoit3

Voting

Monday, January 24, 2011

DATE NIGHT! Dinner and a movie a la Francois

Here on campus they have Foreign Film night every other Friday (fo' FREE)! Last Friday's film was the film "My Mother's Castle", a sequel to "My Father's Glory which my Zesty Partner and I watched last semester at Foreign Film night.
Both were very enjoyable movies, but we liked the first one more because it felt more nostalgic :)





To make the night all the more special, I decided to cook french food for dinner to give us that added sense of la France.



Begin with homemade pain de Francois (that's french bread)

A little Gratin Dauphinois    


Some Onion Gratinee   
The Gratinee called for beef stock, which I did not have. I went to grab some chicken stock from the fridge, but we were fresh out. However we had several cans of Progresso chicken noodle soup--Zut Alors! I have a solution! Open up the soup cans and drain out the broth from there. We saved the "stuff" from the cans to use for a biscuit top casserole and made a delicious onion soup--great for dipping

Next came the "French Champagne" ...
really it's just a punch made with ginger ale and apple juice~ quite tasty too!
Check out the spread! Our humble kitchen turned into a lovely French cafe...with Edith Piaf playing on Pandora for atmosphere :)
Mr. Baker LOVED IT! I love to see him laugh :)
Now who's doing the dishes ?

No comments:

Post a Comment